A fine reputation spread by word of mouth has ensured that since opening in 2001, the Carvery Restaurant has gone from strength to strength. The third quarter of 2006 saw the opening of the new extension to the Carvery Restaurant adding extra seating capacity. This in turn has reduced the waiting time during busy periods.
Due to government legislation, The Woodman Inn is a Non-Smoking premises, although there are designated smoking areas outside.
Chicken Surprise Menu
Available every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday - Each dish priced at £7.45
Mature Chicken Breast in Butter - Served with steamed mixed vegetables, mushrooms, chips, roast or mash potato
Slices Of Chicken Breast - Topped with Melted cheese and ham. Served with steamed mixed vegetables, chips, roast or mash potato.
Grilled Chicken Breast - Served with a selection of grilled vegetables, tomato, green pepper, onion, aubergine and courgette
Friday Fish All Day Menu
Available every Friday - Each dish priced at £7.95
Cod, Plaice or Haddock - In homemade beerbatter served with chips and mushy peas.
Sample Menu for 2014
Starters (Each priced at £3.49)
- Soup of The Day - Served With A Choice Of Bread & Butter
- Prawn Cocktail - On a Bed Of Lettuce With Rosemarie Sauce
- Farmhouse Paté - Served With Toast & Cumberland Sauce
- Chicken Wings - Served With Garnish & Dips
- Breaded Mushrooms - Served With Garnish & Dips
- Breaded Scampi - Served With Garnish & Dips
- Potato Skins - Served With Garlic & Chilli Sauce
- Battered Onion Rings & Garlic Bread - Served With Garnish & Chef's Special Dips
Classic Quality Carvery (Each priced at £9.95)
- Traditional Roast Dinner with choices of :
- Beef or Turkey
- With a third Joint either Pork, Gammon or Lamb (depending on day). Chef will carve your meat then you help yourself to our wide selection of fresh vegetables with Roast or boiled potatoes.
- Home made Steak Pie
- Chicken & Ham Pie
Quality Carvery Plus (Each priced at £9.95)
- Salmon Fillet - With hollandaise sauce and vegetables
- Rainbow Trout - With almonds and vegetables
- Lamb Shank - With hint of mint, choice of vegetables, roast or mash potatoes
- Spanish (Potato & Onion), French (Cheese & Onion), Served with garnish & chips
- Vegetable Lasagne
- 10oz Fillet - £15.95
- 10oz Sirloin - £14.95
- All steaks come with Chips or Mash potatoes and a wide selection of fresh vegetables.
Sauces & Side Orders
Sauces : Garlic Sauce, Red Wine Sauce, or Pepper Sauce - £1.25
Side Orders : Chips, Garlic Bread, Onion Rings or Mixed Salad - £2.25
Desserts (Each priced at £3.49)
- Profiteroles - Served With Chocolate Sauce and cream or ice cream
- Blackberry & Apple Crumble - Served With Hot Custard, Cream or Ice Cream
- Toffee or Treacle Sponge - Hot With Custard , cream or ice cream
- Spotted Dick - Hot With Custard , cream or ice cream
- Cheese Cake - Pick of the day with cream or ice cream
- Strawberry Sundae
- Apple Pie
- Chocolate Sundae
- Toffee Sundae
- Vanilla, Strawberry or Chocolate Ice Cream - With Chocolate or Strawberry Sauce
Please note that this is a sample menu and as such is subject to change. We regret we cannot guarantee any items on our menu are free of nuts, nut traces or other allergens. All weights mentioned represent when meat is uncooked.
You only need to book if you are in a party larger than 10.
PLEASE NOTE : Bookings are not taken at all on Sundays.
We accept cash and most major credit cards.
We also offer an extensive Bar Menu. Please click here to download our Bar Menu as a PDF file.